Our Journey Through Parenting

The joys of having two boys.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Eating Problems again??

Leon is up and down on his eating at daycare. Skip stayed home sick today from work. He has ben sick all day with this virus/flu or whatever is going around. I hope he doesn't spread it to us. I've sprayed lysol like a mad woman today. Leon and I didn't come near him really for the most part. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight to try to stay away. He's done with most of the "sick" part I think...at least we can hope. I am hoping that we don't get it though. Leon and I had a virus last week but it wasn't the same thing as what Skip has...maybe we'll get lucky and not get it again. Keep your fingers crossed!

Leon ate so well this morning. He had almost 2 tbsp of cereal and 7 ounces of formula before leaving for daycare. Then...he gets to daycare and is happy as can be. I go back to pick him up and he ate NOTHING at daycare all day today. My first thought...Oh great, he's getting what his dad has now! So, I leave all confused...again...and bring him home after stopping by the store to pick up some sprite and get gas. I thought for sure he'd scream in the car because he was hungry...but NOPE...quiet and looking around the whole time. I get home and it took him about 15 minutes before he got whiny at all. So, I got out the bottle I made earlier today and fed him that...3 ounces. After that was gone, he still wanted more, so I gave him the other bottle I had just made. I'll be darned if that kid ate 8 ounces of formula and STILL wanted more! So, I took him over to the high chair and gave him about 1 tbsp of cereal. He ate almost all of that and then it was bath time. After his bath, he finished off the other 2 ounces in the bottle and is out like a light! I just can't believe he ate nothing at daycare! He had a little bit of cereal but that was it really. I don't know what to do about his eating habits at daycare though. I don't know if he's distracted by the other kids or what his problem is. I know he's nosy and wants to see everything that is going on but what kind of a kid doesn't eat for 12 hours??? MINE!!!! If any one has suggestions on what to have daycare do, please, I'm open to anything right now. I'm considering calling the doctor for advice or going on my lunch to daycare to try to feed him myself so I know what he does there...it wouldn't hurt and I don't know why they wouldn't allow me to. Any ideas, please tell...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't believe they didn't call to tell you he had nothing to eat! I would at least tell them that you would like a call before your lunchtime, if he doesn't eat anything, so you can decide then whether you want to go there and try to feed him yourself or not. Try not to stress too much about it though. If he's still acting happy at daycare and eating well at home, then he's probably fine. I would want to make sure that they were keeping a good record of his wet diapers at daycare, though, and if there are very few then I would want a call on that too. It's one thing just to not eat, but to be dehydrated can be very serious!
    I know you know this, but I also know (from being a preschool teacher for many years) that a lot parents feel like they are always bugging the teacher if they ask too many questions or call too much to check in on their child or if they ask them to do things specifically for their child that they don't normally do. But, these teachers want your child to be happy as much as you do! It makes for a better day for all involved. If there is a specific way you hold Leon while you feed him or a certain temp you always have the bottle or even a song you sing or something, let the teachers know. (At 4 months, Ellie would not take a bottle if you were holding her...she liked to drink it while lying in her bouncy seat. I also had to kind of keep wiggling the bottle a little to keep her interested. If I forgot to let someone that was watching her know this, it ended up being a huge struggle for them to get her to eat.) Your teachers will happily do whatever it takes...and don't forget you're also paying them to! :)
    Hope things get better!

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

    They do keep track of everything as far as wet diapers adn everything. They are really good about it. I've never thought aobut some of that though. Maybe I'll mention it ot them. Thanks for the advice though. I was planning on talking to one of his teachers tomorrow when I pick him up so that both teachers are aware of everything. I talk to the morning one more...but in the evening, I'm just ready to leave I guess.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home