Dr. Visit
...again! I got a phone call today from daycare saying that Leon was crying for 2 1/2 hours non stop at daycare since I dropped him off. Of course, I felt HORRIBLE knowing that he has hardly ate anything in the past 24 hours and that he was crying and how dare I horrible mommy to leave him screaming. So, I called the doctor because I was already going to if he didn't eat well, because...well, he's got to eat or he'll be in the hospital dehydrated. So, I got an appoinment with a different doctor because his doctor is out of the office this week. So, I picked him up and went home until my mom came to stay with him so I could go back to work until it was time for his appointment. He had only ate about 3 ounces yesterday since noon and then about 3 this morning and he wouldn't TOUCH the bottle after those 3. He screamed when you tried to give it to him. So, I brought him home and of course, he was crying and he wouldn't eat at daycare. So, I tried to feel him and low and behold he ate 7 ounces...yes 7! I was so excited. So then, we tried again later on at the doctor because he acted like he wanted to eat and then NOTHING. He cried again...not screamed, but cried. I knew he didn't have an ear infection or anything like that, he just needed to eat. So, all in all, everything is good except for his eating. So, the doctor has decided to change his formula. He said he's having too many symptoms for just getting over the stomach virus a week ago that he thinks the Enfamil A.R. was irritating his stomach for some reason. So, he wanted me to put him on soy until about 6 months which is his next doctor's appointment and go from there. So, we went to the store to buy some more formula and I'll be darned if that kid ate like normal this time! The doctor said to give him about half of what he would normally eat, just more often. So, I tried the cereal and he cried, so I gave him the bottle. He ate 2 ounces and stopped. I thought...great...still not eating. Then I put him back in the high chair to try the cereal again and he ate about half of it and then got a little fussy. I was ok with him eating half of it. So, I cleaned him up and then got him out of the high chair and he still acted hungry so I gave him the other ounce in the bottle and he ate that...so now we're up to 3 ounces. He still acted hungry but he needed changed and to get in his pajamas so I got him ready for bed and he relaxed with dad for a little while. Then I went and made him an 8 ounce bottle and he chugged it! He ate about 3 ounces before I took it away from him to burp him. He wouldn't burp, but he fell asleep so I decided not to try anymore. So, he went to bed and hasn't made a peep since. I know it will probably take him a little while to get back up to where he was, but it won't take him long. I figured he wouldn't like the soy as well, but so far he hasn't had a problem with it. So, we'll see how it goes in the next day or so. If he continues to not want to eat, we'll have to call the doctor again, but for now I think the problem is solved...at least for tonight anyway. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I'll keep you posted. I'll have some pictures on Friday...he'll be 5 months. I can't believe he's already that old though...boy how time flies! He'll start cereal 3 times a day tomorrow...as long as he wants it and is eating a decent amount of formula as well.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home