Our Journey Through Parenting

The joys of having two boys.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Reading, reading, reading!!!

I forgot how much reading was involved in going back to school! I'm behind some on that, but overall, things are going well so far. The only class I actually have had anything to do and turn in is my math class, and I got a 20-20 on it. So far so good I guess! I'm not even going to lie, Anatomy isn't easy by any means, but I've got to say it's not nearly as bad as I remembered it being the last time I attempted it...for a little while! I don't remember there being the mitosis, and make up of a cell etc etc then though. I just remember the muscles and bones, which we haven't gotten into yet so I may very well hit reality in a few weeks!

The boys went to the doctor Friday to get their flu shots. Leon got the flu mist again. Noah will get his second dose of the flu shot when he goes back for his 1 year checkup in a month. I think Leon thought he was getting a shot, and he literally tried to run out of the exam room when she pulled out the nasal applicator! I had Noah in one arm and Leon's arm in the other with my foot in the way so he couldn't get the door open. He's in for a rude awakening when he goes for his 4 yr checkup in a month too, cause he's getting shots then! I guess he will be the one I'll have to tie down! Noah has started his vomiting spells again, but I think it's only continuing because he's thrown up his reflux medicine 2 or 3 days in a row. Since he's done that, I've switched his formula to a thicker formula that has rice in it and I'm giving him his medicine at night instead of the morning. I figured it has all night to work and it shouldn't start bothering him til the next evening. Today seemed to go over well. He gags a lot on the formula for some reason no matter what kind it is, and then it's just a waterfall from there. Poor baby..hopefully we will find out soon if it's going to go back to normal and work well for him! He goes back to the ENT on October 1st for his followup and if it's not working, I'm going to request a medication change, or something...he shouldn't be doing this as often as he is. He had gained weight, but now he's back down under 17 lbs again cause of his episodes yesterday. He wouldn't eat or drink hardly anything yesterday. He's been really tired and cranky, but no fever or anything. I discovered today he had another tooth come through and 2 more should be in very soon...so I'm sure that's what his problem is. Cranky babies aren't the greatest, but overall, neither one of my kids were/are cranky like some babies can be!

Leon is doing great in preschool. His last progress chart said he can count from 1-5, which I know he can count higher than that. He recognizes letters A,a,B,b, and I also know he recognizes several more than that. He knows all of his colors, shapes, and he LOVES to volunteer to go to the board. He's such a little show off and know it all...he gets that from his dad :) (He even admits it) I know he knows all the letters in his name (Leon), he recognizes almost all of them in Noah's name...he has trouble with N, and I know there are more he does know, but with it just being the start of a new school year, they are only sending home what they've done in class. He even tells you, mommy, this is big A and this is little a...etc etc.

Leon and I made a strawberry cake today! He had so much fun stirring the batter, adding the oil, water, etc. Yesterday we went to a wedding and tomorrow we have a cookout to go to. Next weekend we have my nephew's birthday party and the circus to go to here in town!! What a busy 2 weekends for us. I've also decided I'm having 2 separate birthday parties this year. We are having one for the boys with family, and then Leon will have his own little party the weekend after for his friends at school and my friends who have kids his age. I figured that would be best now since he has more friends and then they can play fun games and stuff. He kind of knows, but doesn't really get it yet I don't think. He just keeps telling everyone his birthday is tomorrow! He has over a month til his birthday though!! It will be here before we know it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home