Our Journey Through Parenting

The joys of having two boys.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Quick Update

Noah is doing great so far with his feedings now that he's on the Zantac. He is a completely different baby! He's no longer fussy, eats well, and is finally reaching some milestones...not that that had much to do with it, but it very well may have.

Noah use to scream his head off on his belly from day one really. He'd make it about 30 seconds IF that before he got mad. Since being on the Zantac, he is tolerating his belly much better. He doesn't get mad, he will just roll over when he's tired of being on his belly. Last night he made it 5 minutes before he wanted to roll over and see something new. He's rolling from belly to his back, and he's almost gotten from his back to his belly. He tries. He tightens up his tummy muscles, but just doesn't quite make it over. He wants to sit up, but can't on his own yet. He's taking 5-6 oz every 3-4 hours, depending on how much he ate the time before. We are trying cereal. He's doing ok I guess. He has been wanting to get up at 6:30 to eat the last 3 days so yesterday I tried the cereal then and he did actually eat it all. It was only a tablespoon with 4 tablespoons of formula mixed with it. I'm going to try at bedtime though and see if it helps him any. Last night he was too tired and didn't want anything to eat before bed, so I just put him down and he slept until 6:30, took 6 oz and went back to bed. 4 hours later, he took 6 1/2 oz so we will see how much and how long he wants to wait before eating again. I can tell he seems to be gaining his weight back. He feels heavier to me, but then it may just be me. I weighed myself the other day holding him and not holding him and there was a 14 lb difference, and he was naked getting ready for his bath, so I'm sure he's gained back the half pound he had lost last week. He goes back to Riley to see the Developmental pediatrician on April 9th and to his pediatrician on April 10th for his 6 month checkup. We will see how much weight he's gained then. He has occupational therapy tomorrow with his therapist. I think she is going to be blown away by how much improvement he's made in 3 weeks. I know he's not ready to be discharged yet, but he's definitely improved drastically.

I have an appointment with the school corporation today at 3:30 to talk about Leon's speech therapy. Hopefully he will be able to start this week, but we will see how long it takes them to get everything processed and ready for him to start. During the summer he will be going to preschool Tuesday and Wednesday and then in the fall going back full time again for the school year. I don't want him to get out of the routine of things there over the summer.

I got my acceptance letting to IUPUI on Saturday. I have to take my placement tests and go through orientation. At orientation I will see what classes I have to take before I can apply to the nursing program. I'm sure there may be a math class or something along with anatomy that I will have to take. So, it looks like I should be able to start classes again in August and then maybe the nursing program in January...I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. I am just ready to go back to school for something I'd enjoy and that I really want to do. I'd be able to do the accelerated program since I already have a bachelor's I just have to take the science courses and the nursing courses. It's an 18-20 month program, but that doesn't include any extra courses I'd have to take before being accepted into the nursing program. More updates on that once I know more information.

I hope to get some pictures posted soon of the boys. We got their easter pictures taken yesterday and we get those back on April 6th so when I get those I'll scan them in. I got a few taken of Noah on Friday and this Friday he gets his 6 month pictures taken. I should have tons of him to post soon! I'll update more when I get a chance or have more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home