Our Journey Through Parenting

The joys of having two boys.

Monday, January 26, 2009

From the Mouths of Babes

Leon has been quite the talker lately with stuff that you would not expect him to say. About a week ago, he was in the living room sitting in the chair just mumbling. I couldn't really understand anything he said. So, I tried to get a little closer without him noticing me there, and I still just understood the mumbling and then a big, AMEN! It was so cute. He must have been saying a prayer or something. Then, Friday night we were at Babies R Us looking at some new pacifiers for Noah for therapy and he was holding some of the ones I was deciding on and says, "Mom, god is mad at me." I said, "God is mad at you, why?" He sat there for the longest time and says, "God doesn't want me to die." I said, "Honey, nobody wants you to die." Then, he follows up with, "Mom, god is coming to Chuck E Cheese with me, and to school, and to bed. God loves me mommy." I said, "Yes he does." and went on. He goes to a Christian preschool and he's just now starting to make comments about church oriented things. We don't normally go to church and we had decided before he started preschool there that if he got into it and really liked it and actually started talking about church stuff that we may start looking for a church to attend regularly. Maybe this is our sign. :) It just cracks me up sometimes with some of the things he comes up with.

Yesterday I was making dinner and Noah was in the bouncy seat and Leon was sitting on the floor next to him. He had his little Freddy Fever stuffed toy he got from the Indiana Fever basketball game back in the summer. He had it sitting on top of the bouncy seat where Noah could see it just talking away to him. He was acting like Freddy was talking. It was so cute. Noah was just talking away having a conversation with them. I wish I had my camera to record that one. It was really cute! He didn't even know I was watching.

Noah had his appointment with the neurosurgeon a couple weeks ago. They have his surgery scheduled for Feb 16th right now, as long as he isn't sick or anything. Right now he has a cold, so hopefully he will be over it by then and will be ok to have the surgery done. They will keep him over night just for observation really. They want to make sure he is eating and urinating ok and everything. Normally she does it as an outpatient surgery but since he's so little she wants to keep him over night for observation etc. While we were there, the doctor wanted him to see a urologist as well. He has that appointment scheduled for Feb 12th as well as his next swallow study for that day too. He was born with hydroceles and he still has them pretty bad, so they may do another surgery later to take down the fluid, and maybe fix his circumcision. With the hydroceles, (fluid in the testicles) it doesn't look like he was circumcised. I was told that it would go down once he got older and the fluid was gone, but I'll see what the urologist thinks about it. After those surgeries, assuming the urologist wants to do anything, hopefully that will be the last surgery he will have to have.

Noah has started to slack off on wanting a bottle lately which is a little irritating, but I think it's just because of his cold. He is still only taking about an ounce by mouth but has taken 2 1/2 ounces once lately. So, it's kind of hit or miss. It takes him no time to drink the ounce, but then he just wants to play with it and laugh at you. Once he passes his swallow study, he won't need the feeding tube anymore. His therapist said that once he passes we will just take it out but when he was in the NICU they said they would wean him off of it, so I'm not sure which way they will do it. We will see. We have plenty of tubes so if we had to put it back in we could later. I'm just worried that him taking an ounce here and there every hour or so he's going to start losing weight, but then who knows. I don't think it will take him long to realize he's not full and eating every hour sucks, but we will see. Time will tell I guess. I have his 3 month pictures but I haven't uploaded them to the computer yet. I also have some video of the boys that I need to have uploaded as well. I have one of him the other night trying to roll over. He wants to and gets so close. He just needs to kick his leg a little harder and he would do it. More information to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home