Our Journey Through Parenting

The joys of having two boys.

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Surgery

The surgery went well. The doctor said that he had some "discolored" fluid behind his ear drums which means he was on his way to yet another ear infection. He did say that his left ear behind the ear drum was very swollen. He said that once he drained the fluid, it was still swollen, but not as bad. He thinks it was from all of the fluid and ear infections that he's had in the past. He wants to do a followup and another hearing test in 4 weeks. When I got back to the recovery room he was sitting fine until he saw me, and then he of course wanted me. They had the pulse thing on his foot and he wanted NOTHING to do with that, but after he got use to it, he was ok and went on. He ate some jello and drank almost an entire glass of apple juice while in the recovery room. After that, we went by the cafeteria to eat breakfast and he ate some hashbrowns, and a nutrigrain bar. By the time we left the recovery room he was back to his normal self. He is going on a 3 1/2 hour nap right now. I'm not sure if that was the surgery or him not sleeping last night. He got up at 12 wanting water, which of course, he can't have after 12 so after taking him to the bathroom I was able to convince him he could have some in the morning after seeing the doctor. I don't know if that clued him to something funny or what, but he was up another 2 or 3 times after that. I'm not sure that he ever went back to sleep though. He is definitely one tired little boy. So, with hardly any sleep I took a 3 hour nap myself, but I'm making myself stay up now so I will go to bed tonight. He doesn't seem to be complaining of any pain. He was messing with his left ear after the surgery but other than that he seems perfectly normal. I can already tell that he isn't talking as loud as he was before...so that's the main difference I can tell right away. We will see what happens the rest of the day.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    When do we find out the baby gender? I know your at the 1/2 way point now. I keep checking in...

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

    My appointment is on Monday. I can't wait! It is in the afternoon so it won't be until Monday night that I post about it. We are hoping for a girl and Leon insists that it WILL be a girl. He doesn't want a baby brother! We may have a hard time convincing him if it's another boy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home