Stressful Week
Well, I should probably get the bad news out of the way. My grandma has been in the hospital since Tuesday morning...early Tuesday morning. Thursday they transferred her over here to Indianapolis to a hospital that could do a little more for her at the time. She has since then been going downhill very fast. I talked to my dad a little while ago and he said that her kidneys have completely shut down now and they are only giving her 1-2 days to live. So, not only was last week stressful waiting by the phone but the next couple of days will be even harder. She had a gall stone that was lodged between her gall bladder and her pancreas. That caused an infection. Once they transferred her, they found out that she had pancreatitis and just since yesterday evening her kidneys have gotten worse. As of tonight my dad said they had pretty much shut down completely. So, it looks like I will probably be off of work some this week unfortunately. She was doing well at Thanksgiving too...somewhat. Her second husband passed away about 2 years ago and it's been extremely rough on her since then it seems like.
Anyway, enough of the bad news for now. Leon has been doing very well with his physical therapy lately! He was standing by the coffee table today and actually took a few steps sideways while hanging on. There is a small space between the table and the couch and he didn't know what to do from there. So, he stood there and stared at me while I tried to get him to continue taking steps. He wouldn't do it, but he's done that a few times. He's taking some steps forward when you stand him up to something. Today when I put him down for his nap, he actually pulled himself up completely in the crib! I was so proud of him! Then, he proceeded to scream until I went into the room because he didn't know how to get down I guess...I don't know. I layed him back down and gave him his sippy cup and he was out after that for a good 3-3 1/2 hour nap! I had to wake him up so that he would go to bed tonight! Anyway, he's suppose to have physical therapy tomorrow evening, but we'll see how things go with my grandma between now and then. I may cancel it depending on what happens.
I'm trying to think of new things that have happened lately too. Leon now has his 2 upper incisors! His lowers don't really look like they're close to coming in yet. One of them has been kind of buldgy for a few days, but it's not getting worse or anything so we're playing it by ear as far as that goes. That makes 14 teeth for him right now! At least he's doing something on target I guess! Probably even a little ahead of schedule!
I have put my application in at daycare too. I gues it never hurts to try something new :) I love kids and want more, so it's not really a bad idea I guess! I've been considering it for a good 3 months or so probably and just finally got the application one day. It took me another week to fill it out and take it back though! Leon will be in a Christmas program at daycare this year too! The toddlers are doing "Oh Christmas Tree". I think his teacher said they were dressing up as Christmas trees and presents! I think it will be so cute! I can't wait. It is in a couple of weeks. I believe they said on the 20th...but I'm not exactly sure. He gets pictures taken this week with Santa at daycare. I should be getting his other pictures back soon too. If they turn out decent, I'll post one of those. I know he cried and cried when they were trying to get his picture so I don't know how that one turned out yet! Kids...they are so unpredictable :) Well, I think that is all of the news that I can think of right now. I'll update more later.
Anyway, enough of the bad news for now. Leon has been doing very well with his physical therapy lately! He was standing by the coffee table today and actually took a few steps sideways while hanging on. There is a small space between the table and the couch and he didn't know what to do from there. So, he stood there and stared at me while I tried to get him to continue taking steps. He wouldn't do it, but he's done that a few times. He's taking some steps forward when you stand him up to something. Today when I put him down for his nap, he actually pulled himself up completely in the crib! I was so proud of him! Then, he proceeded to scream until I went into the room because he didn't know how to get down I guess...I don't know. I layed him back down and gave him his sippy cup and he was out after that for a good 3-3 1/2 hour nap! I had to wake him up so that he would go to bed tonight! Anyway, he's suppose to have physical therapy tomorrow evening, but we'll see how things go with my grandma between now and then. I may cancel it depending on what happens.
I'm trying to think of new things that have happened lately too. Leon now has his 2 upper incisors! His lowers don't really look like they're close to coming in yet. One of them has been kind of buldgy for a few days, but it's not getting worse or anything so we're playing it by ear as far as that goes. That makes 14 teeth for him right now! At least he's doing something on target I guess! Probably even a little ahead of schedule!
I have put my application in at daycare too. I gues it never hurts to try something new :) I love kids and want more, so it's not really a bad idea I guess! I've been considering it for a good 3 months or so probably and just finally got the application one day. It took me another week to fill it out and take it back though! Leon will be in a Christmas program at daycare this year too! The toddlers are doing "Oh Christmas Tree". I think his teacher said they were dressing up as Christmas trees and presents! I think it will be so cute! I can't wait. It is in a couple of weeks. I believe they said on the 20th...but I'm not exactly sure. He gets pictures taken this week with Santa at daycare. I should be getting his other pictures back soon too. If they turn out decent, I'll post one of those. I know he cried and cried when they were trying to get his picture so I don't know how that one turned out yet! Kids...they are so unpredictable :) Well, I think that is all of the news that I can think of right now. I'll update more later.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home