Breaking of the pacifier
Yes, the time has finally come to break him of the pacifier. He has only wanted it at bed/nap time since he was about 2 or 3 weeks old. He does tend to want it to play with in the car, but I'm NOT giving in. Last night was the first night of it. He cried for about 30-45 minutes before he fell asleep. Then he woke up at 11:15 and 12:30. By 12:30 I decided he could have it for the night. Tonight, I gave him his bottle and then put him to bed without it. He cried but only until I picked up the bottle, went into our bedroom to get the monitor and by the time I had gotten to the living room he wasn't crying anymore...he was OUT. I'm so happy but we'll see what tonight brings I guess. I'm really hoping that it only took a night or so. I'm sure he'll be fine...it's only going to take a couple days. At least now his chapped cheeks will finally clear up without the darn pacifier. I've had a few people say he's not ready...well, you come to my house and in the middle of the night when he throws it across the room see how long you want to get out of bed to pick it up. I know the first couple of nights will be the hardest but it won't take long and he'll definitely be able to sooth himself to sleep! Wish me luck! He's really doing excellent. I may actually tell daycare tomorrow to ONLY give it to him if he cries and cries at naptime. His nap times are way off from the other kids. He pretty much sleeps whenever he wants...but it's getting a lot closer to only being 1 longer nap...which is fine with me!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home