Our Journey Through Parenting

The joys of having two boys.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!!






Coming downstairs with grandpa Christmas morning
GO DIEGO GO!!!!!!
My Tricycle
My first remote control TRACTOR
Yeah...tools!!!!! Thumbs up!!

Reindeer Leon and Uncle Kyle
Cowboy Leon
Leon's bike from Germany
Playing pool...what a goofy face!
Our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve


Leon's first time in the snow Here dad...put my gloves on please
Rocky LOVES the snow....but not the cold weather!

This is what I think of Santa! He did warm up to Santa and finally asked for a bike and a sister...how cute is that?!?!

We rang in the new year with my best friend and her boyfriend. We didn't do a lot, but we had fun. New things that have happened the past year: (in no particular order)

1. We bought our first house!!
2. We bought a new car
3. We both got new jobs that we enjoy and allow us to do better financially than before.
4. Leon turned 2...oh my gosh he's getting so big
I think those are the major ones that I can think of right now anyway.

We bought our first house and got a new car all within a month...fun fun fun! We spent our first Christmas in the new house so that was very exciting.

We recently got Leon's 2 year pictures taken...a couple months late, but better late than never I guess. There weren't as many good ones because he wouldn't cooperate. The good ones we did manage to get were very cute though.

Things Leon is doing:
He can recognize most of his colors. He can count to 10 even though he tends to skip 1, 4, and 7 every time. He is about 90% potty trained. He is having some trouble knowing when he needs to go #2. He had his first real "accident" with #1 today for the first time in about 2 weeks so that's a good thing I guess. He is doing so well with it. He knows the middle part of the alphabet. He will start to repeat the letters after you and then you get to around l and he rattles off the next SEVERAL letters on his own. We're getting there anyway so that's good news.
He got all kinds of neat toys for Christmas. He got a Diego bike, a bike from Germany...which is the coolest thing I've EVER seen, a tricycle, a motorcycle big wheel which he absolutely loves...because it makes noise mom...of course! Those are the big things I guess...along with his bedroom suit and his train set/train table. I still have to take pictures of his room. We are almost completely done with it. I bought some dinosaur puzzles last weekend and they are all put together and glued I just have to get the frames and hang them up. I'm hoping to do that soon.

We have the "baby" room all set up now too. The topic of "trying" has came up lately but this time we don't have any "deadlines" to beat! The only that we'll need to do once we do conceive is get the room painted and decorated for whatever gender the baby would be. All the furniture is ready from Leon. We decided not to put any of it in storage because 1. it won't fit in the hole to get it in the attic and 2. we know it's not going to be forever before we have baby # 2 so we decided not to take it all apart and just set it up...so that's what we did. Right now the dog stays in the cage in there while we are gone. It will come out later though.

Our room is almost completely done. We have a couple of boxes of pictures left, but for the most part all of the pictures are hung up. We did that this week. Skip has been on vacation and that's what he's been doing during the day is some "maintenance" I guess you could call it. Other than that, everything is all unpacked and in place.

I think that is everything for now. I have posted quite a few pictures too. Some are from Christmas, Leon's 2 yr pictures and some other misc ones that are cute. Enjoy!!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Paige said...

    I love all of the pics!

    Two bikes, a tricycle and a big wheel?? That's awesome! It sounds like Santa was really listening when Leon asked for that bike!
    Good luck on his other wish for a sister...I'm excited for you guys!

     
  • At 12:13 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Wow, lots of great pics!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home