Our Journey Through Parenting

The joys of having two boys.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Rotavirus

Leon came down with an outer ear infection on Wednesday and then Thursday came down with diarrhea. He has been messing with his ears still even though we had ear drops for his ears. I took him to his regular pediatrician today. His ears are fine, but he has the rotavirus...but it doesn't seem to be as bad of a case as I've heard people having their kids go through before. He had had nothing but pedialyte and water, and an occasional other drink if we have been out to eat, but mainly pedialyte. We've found out that the grape is his favorite! He is doing well though. He's not getting dehydrated which is really good...definitely don't want to end up at the hospital! He's sleeping very well and eating normally for him. I'm suppose to call the doctor back on Friday if he is still having the diarrhea. When I got back to work and told my boss what he had, she asked what exactly that it was and how long he's contageous. I told her it was severe diarrhea and I'd check with the doctor and let her know. As long as he's got it still he's contageous but if everyone washes their hands VERY VERY well, they should be ok. We will wait and see how he's doing today after he gets up from his nap and then go from there I guess. I hope he's over it soon so we can go back to his big boy underwear! I'm sick of pullups and diapers! He hasn't forgotten everything though that's for sure. He still sits down and pees...just doesn't make it for the pooping part. Poor baby!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home